Everyone wants to be happy. But many fail in their quest to find that elusive prize because they are looking in the wrong places.
Proverbs 16:20 tells us, “Whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.” And Psalm 146:5 indicates that happiness comes to those who find their help and hope in God.
The foundation for happiness is a proper relationship with the Lord. But to fully experience that happiness, we must build on that foundation in practical ways.
Ten Rules for Happier Living:
- Give something away (no strings attached).
- Do a kindness (and forget it).
- Give thanks always (a thousand times a day is not enough).
- Work with vim and vigor.
- Visit the elderly and learn from their experience (experience is priceless).
- Look intently into the face of a baby and marvel.
- Laugh often – it’s life lubricant.
- Pray to know God’s way (or you’ll lose the way).
- Plan as though you will live forever- you will.
- Live as though today is your last day on earth.
These are excellent ideas for living a happy life. Undergird each of these rules with praise, and your happiness will be complete. “Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord” (Psalm 146:1-2). – Richard W. De Haan
Happiness is to know the Savior,
Living a life within His favor,
Having a change in my behavior,
Happiness is the Lord. – Stanphill
One of the ways to have happiness,
One of the ways to live it.
All day long and every day,
Is to try each hour to give it. – Anon
Trusting and obeying the Lord brings true happiness.
- January 11, Vol. 14/December 28, 1991, Our Daily Bread