In a world of deceit and disillusionment, there is one thing of which you can be absolutely certain – a confirmed reservation in heaven. Here’s how to be sure:
ADMIT your sin to God and recognize your inability to save yourself.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us (Titus 3:5).
BELIEVE that God loves you and Christ died in your place.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16)
- Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God (1 Peter 3:18).
CALL on the Lord Jesus to save you, and receive Him as your personal Savior.
- For whoever call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).
- As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to be become children of God, even to those who believe in His name (John 1:12).
If you sincerely acknowledged your need of salvation and put your trust in Christ, you can be sure of heaven. With your future in heaven secure, you can now make the most of your time on earth. Declare your faith to others and nurture your new life through prayer and Bible reading. As you do, you will experience the joy of living for your Savior, Jesus Christ. – Clair Hess
- Page after December 31, Vol. 1, Our Daily Bread