No one would be foolish enough to believe someone who had a reputation of being a liar. Yet regarding salvation, many well-meaning people are being deceived by someone whom Jesus said is a liar – Satan himself (John 8:44).
Here are three common untruths that keep thousands (or billions) of people out of heaven. While they sound believable, when examined in the light of the Scripture, they are quickly seen for what they are – the devil’s lies!
- “I am good enough to get to heaven.”
- The truth is: ”For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- “I am too great a sinner to get to heaven.”
- The truth is: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of who I am chief” (1 Timothy 1:15).
- “A loving God will not condemn anyone to hell.”
- The truth is: “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18).
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). Here’s how to accept Jesus as your personal Savior, if you have never done so:
- Acknowledge to God that you are a sinner.
- Believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins and trust Him to save you.
- Confess Him as your Savior and Lord.
Receiving Christ is more than a mental agreement with the truth. It is an act of the will. You pray something like this: “Lord Jesus, be merciful to me a sinner, and save me. Right now, I turn from sin and trust You as my Savior!”
In a matter as important as salvation, don’t be fooled. Renounce Satan’s lies and accept God’s truth. – Dennis J. De Haan